Our Bariatric Specialists
At Allegheny Health Network (AHN) Bariatric and Metabolic Institute, our diverse team of providers understands the physical and emotional impacts of obesity. Our specialists offer deep expertise and a range of medical and surgical weight loss solutions.
We help you tackle your biggest health problems – whether that’s losing weight, managing diabetes, or something else. Most importantly, we’ll support you in your efforts toward adopting healthy habits and living your best life.
A bariatric team devoted to your weight loss and whole health
Our highly trained specialists work together to address multiple aspects of your health – all in one place for your convenience.
- Bariatric surgeons: Our board-certified bariatric surgeons are trained in the most advanced weight loss procedures. They always perform these complex procedures in the least invasive way possible for your circumstances so you experience maximum results with minimal recovery time.
- Endocrinologists: Our endocrinologists are highly trained to diagnose and treat endocrine-related conditions, such as diabetes. If you have diabetes, our endocrinologists work closely with surgeons and other professionals to ensure the condition is well-managed throughout your care. Learn more about diabetes and excess weight.
- Dietitians: Our dietitians use their extensive knowledge of nutrition to offer helpful dietary guidance. They help you adopt healthy eating habits that make sense for your life.
- Psychologists: Our psychologists use cognitive behavioral therapies to identify and address emotional factors that may be at play in your weight challenges and overall health.
- Nurses: Our nurses are dedicated to caring for patients with chronic weight concerns related to obesity and diabetes. They will support you in your care and guide you to resources, such as financial counselors or support groups, that may benefit you.
- Anesthesiologists: We work with anesthesiology specialists who offer anesthesia services to keep you safe and comfortable during any bariatric procedure.