Cancers that affect a woman’s uterus, cervix, or ovaries are uncommon, especially in women younger than 40. When you’re on the receiving end of a confirmed, or potential, cancer diagnosis, it’s vital to have the best physicians in gynecologic oncology by your side.
The women’s cancer team at Allegheny Health Network (AHN) Cancer Institute is known for providing compassionate care and high quality treatments to women with gynecologic cancers. You don’t have to travel far to find personalized, innovative, and compassionate cancer care.
Women who choose the Cancer Institute for diagnosis and treatment benefit from:
At AHN, you receive a fast, accurate diagnosis and a quick start to treatment. Your options may include novel therapies only available in clinical trials. We’re known for our expertise in diagnosing and treating:
We help you get the care you need quickly so you can focus on getting better. We optimize your time by offering:
- Community clinics: You can undergo most treatments at one of our eight women’s cancer clinics. You’ll often find these clinics conveniently located near where you live and work.
- Streamlined appointments: When possible, you meet with several specialists on the same day.
- After-hours emergency care: If you experience treatment side effects, AHN’s West Penn Hospital in Pittsburgh is home to the first After-Hours Medical Oncology Clinic in western Pennsylvania.
You’ll see the same team of specialists throughout your treatment. This process helps us get to know you, while ensuring you feel informed and respected. Meet our team.
In addition to gynecologic oncologists (physicians who specialize in cancers of the reproductive system), your cancer care team includes:
- Radiation oncologists with specialized training in gynecology
- Fertility treatment specialists who can help you preserve your fertility prior to cancer treatments
- Genetic counselors who provide genetic tests and information about risk factors for certain inherited cancers, such as ovarian cancer
- A Navigation Team that works one-on-one with you to coordinate appointments, answer questions, and guide you through every step of treatment
- Patient support services that include experts in pain management, palliative care, nutrition, and social services
- The Highmark Cancer Collaborative, an initiative that connects you and your AHN doctor with specialists at Johns Hopkins Medicine who are experts in treating rare and complex cancers
Call (412) DOCTORS (412) 362-8677 or request an appointment to learn more about AHN gynecological services.