Endocrinology at Jefferson Hospital
The endocrinologists at Jefferson Hospital are experienced in diagnosing and treating the following conditions.
- Metabolic and Nutritional Disorders
- Pituitary Diseases
- Menstrual and Sexual Problems
For more information about Endocrinology at Jefferson Hospital or to make an appointment, call 412.362.8677.
Diabetes Self-Management Education
Jefferson Hospital offers the "Take Control of Your Diabetes" diabetes education program to teach those with diabetes, their family members or loved ones, self-management skills to enable them to successfully manage this disease.
Your physician must refer you to the program, and registration is required. Call 412.469.5400 for more information or to register.
This program, which is presented in four classes per session, is recognized by the American Diabetes Association for meeting quality standards, and is taught by Certified Diabetic Educators.
The program staff includes a registered nurse, a physician, a dietician, and a psychologist.
The program includes four weekly sessions that cover the following subjects:
- Session 1: Overview of diabetes, medications, monitoring, and acute complications
- Session 2: Exercise and activity, stress and psychological adjustments, and family and social support
- Session 3: Nutrition, exercise, medications, glucose levels, and sick day guidelines
- Session 4: Chronic complications, and foot, eye, skin, and dental care
For a schedule and class location, visit our online Calendar of Events.