Pregnancy & Newborn Services
The birth of a child begins a life-changing journey. And like all important journeys in life, great beginnings pave the way for a happier ending.
From thoughtful care of a woman before she conceives to attentive, personalized care of mother and unborn child before birth, through the birthing experience, and afterwards, we're known for giving mothers and babies the best start possible on a rewarding, and healthy journey together.
Allegheny Health Network is proud to offer exceptional facilities and programs to enhance and support the health of expectant women, their newborns and children. We offer Obstetrics at four of our hospitals: Forbes Hospital in Monroeville, Saint Vincent Hospital in Erie, West Penn Hospital in Pittsburgh, and in the fall of 2014 we opened one of the country's few state-of-the-art NEW units at Jefferson Hospital in Pittsburgh's southern region (take a virtual tour) — with comprehensive labor, delivery, recovery and post-partum (LDRP) suites. Among the capabilities are:
- Mother/baby bonding is paramount at Allegheny Health Network. we encourage skin-to-skin contact immediately following birth
- All-inclusive educational programs in childbirth education, baby and infant care, sibling classes and more, offered at convenient times and locations for working parents
- Newly designed, light-filled birthing suites, where the mother labors and delivers, and the new parents room-in with their newborn in comfortable, quiet, family-centered surroundings
- Certified lactation educators to assist you in successfully beginning — and sustaining — your breastfeeding experience
- High-risk physician specialists to provide expert care for maternal health issues, including maternal/fetal medicine and genetics
- Behavioral Health specialists to support your emotional well-being before and after you give birth
- Board-certified pediatricians and pediatric subspecialists to address the health needs of your newborn
- Two Level III neonatal intensive care units (NICU) — the highest and most sophisticated level of care possible — available at West Penn Hospital and Saint Vincent Hospital, and a Level II NICU at Forbes Hospital.
For more information or for an appointment:
Pittsburgh area call 412.DOCTORS (412.362.8677)
Erie area call 814.452.SVMG (814.452.7864)