Nurse Midwife Services
Certified nurse midwives are registered nurses who have advanced training in women’s health services, including pregnancy care and childbirth. The certified nurse midwives at Allegheny Health Network (AHN) are committed to helping all women enjoy a more intimate health care experience.
Nurse midwife services at Allegheny Health Network: why choose us?
Our certified nurse midwives partner with you to provide:
- A holistic approach: We work closely with you to offer education that helps you take a higher level of ownership of your health care. We support your right to create the birth experience that’s best for you, as well as make informed decisions about all health needs that reflect your beliefs and values.
- A focus on you: Nurse midwives can dedicate more time to your visits than most OB-GYNs. This additional one-on-one time allows us to fully listen to and address your concerns.
- Personalized birth experience: Our focus is on the natural, healthy processes of pregnancy, labor, and delivery. When possible, we avoid interventions, such as labor-inducing drugs. This approach often results in lower cesarean section birth rates and greater success with vaginal births after cesarean (VBAC) section. Should you experience complications during pregnancy or labor, we tap the expertise of AHN’s highly skilled OB-GYNs.
- Exceptional care: We have decades of experience delivering babies and caring for women’s health care needs. Our team adheres to strict care standards established by the American College of Nurse-Midwives and the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists. Meet our team.
Nurse midwife services at AHN
Our team provides care from the onset of menstruation through pregnancy, menopause, and beyond. These services include:
- Pregnancy, birth, and postpartum care
- Well-woman gynecological exams
- Family planning counseling and contraceptive services
- Treatment for infections, such as yeast, urinary tract, and bladder
- Counseling and treatment for sexually transmitted diseases
- Management of menopause symptoms
Nurse midwife locations at AHN
Our nurse midwives provide patient care at several AHN locations:
For more help with planning your pregnancy and birth and to learn how to care for your baby after it’s born, contact any of these organizations.