Jefferson is part of the AHN Cancer Institute. We offer some of the most rigorous treatment options available. You benefit from:
- Comprehensive services: We bring together all of the experts and resources you need for complete care. Your radiation and medical oncologists, surgeons, nurse navigators, and primary and specialty care physicians work together to meet your health needs.
- Patient resources: We have a comprehensive resource center for you and your loved ones. Here, you can learn more about available support services, including genetic counseling, nutrition services, and palliative care. Our navigation team is always available to answer questions.
- Wig salon: We partner with the American Cancer Society to provide free wigs, turbans, and hats to people undergoing cancer treatments.
- Urgent care clinic: If you need fast, evening care for treatment-related side effects, the After-Hours Oncology Clinic at West Penn Hospital is about 30 minutes away. The clinic is open Monday through Friday from 3:00 PM to 9:00 PM.
We use the latest therapies and technologies to treat many different types of cancers. We treat most cancer types, including cancers of the breast, prostate, thyroid, lung, esophagus, colon, pancreas, and stomach. Our treatments include:
- Medical oncology: Our modern medical oncology unit has 20 comfortable treatment chairs and two beds for chemotherapy infusions. Our on-site pharmacists have advanced training in cancer medications and are available to answer your questions.
- Radiation therapy: We have the latest, most advanced linear accelerator for precise delivery of radiation therapy. We tailor the beams to fit the size and shape of the tumor. This approach spares surrounding healthy tissue while targeting cancerous cells.
- Brachytherapy: We’re among a select few centers in the area offering internal radiation, or brachytherapy, for prostate cancer. Your physician places radioactive implants directly into cancerous tissue.
- Injections for bone metastasis: We inject bone-building medications to strengthen bones affected by cancer. Learn more about bone and soft tissue cancer treatment.
- Clinical trials: We offer the same clinical trial opportunities as AHN hospitals in Pittsburgh. There’s no need to drive into the city. You also have access to pioneering research, thanks to AHN’s partnership with the Johns Hopkins Kimmel Cancer Center.
Depending on cancer type and treatment, you may benefit from one of these specialized programs:
- Cardio-oncology: We work with Jefferson cardiologists to reduce the risk of heart damage caused by certain cancer treatments. Learn more about cardio-oncology.
- Neuro-oncology: We collaborate with neurologists and neurosurgeons at Jefferson to provide complete care for brain and spinal tumors. Find out more about neuro-oncology.
- Lymphedema treatments: If needed, you receive physical therapy and rehabilitation services for cancer-induced lymphedema (arm and leg swelling) at one of our many outpatient clinics.
Call (412) DOCTORS (412) 362-8677 or request an appointment with a specialist at Jefferson Hospital.
565 Coal Valley Road
Jefferson Hills, PA 15025