Get the care you need from the comfort of your home. Use MyChart to schedule a video visit with your primary care doctor or get help 24/7 from another AHN provider.
Expert care without leaving your house.
As we all deal with the Coronavirus pandemic, video visits are a great way to stay connected with your primary care doctor and safely get the care you need. Plus, most insurance providers are waiving all fees associated with telehealth at this time. Double check with your health care provider for details.
In just a few simple clicks, your primary care doctor or another exceptional AHN provider can connect with you to provide a diagnosis, give a treatment plan, and even order a prescription, if necessary. It’s like a typical face-to-face appointment — just through a video screen.
Use a video visit* if you’re experiencing any of the following:
- Coronavirus concerns
- Flu or cold symptoms
- Aches and pains
- Sinus or allergy problems
- Emotional or mental health concerns
Don’t have an account? No problem. Click here to sign up and start your first video visit.
Preparing for your Video Visit on MyChart?
For your Video Visit, you can use the MyChart app or your PC computer. It’s up to you. If you have a Mac, you should use the app on your phone. Remember, Video Visits must take place in Pennsylvania, Maryland, New York, Ohio or West Virginia.
See our guide to learn what to do when it's time for your visit. For first time users, it is recommended that you download the MyChart app and check in up to 7 days before your appointment.
There are two types of telehealth video visits.
You can schedule a video visit appointment using your online MyChart account or your MyChart App on your mobile device. See instructions for both below.
- 24/7 Virtual Urgent Care. This option allows you to discuss your symptoms with an AHN provider. The best part? It’s available 24/7 — which means you can get the care you need in real time.
- To schedule on the app: Log in to your MyChart account and click “Request 24/7 Video Visit.” We recommend this option — it’ll give you the best connection.
- To schedule on the web: Log in to your MyChart account, click “Visit,” then “Request a Visit,” and finally “24/7 Virtual Urgent Care.”
- Virtual Care with your own AHN provider. This option gives you the opportunity to meet with your regular doctor to discuss how you’re feeling. You’ll need to schedule an appointment with your doctor, just like you would an in-office visit, and then you’ll log back in to MyChart when it’s time for your appointment.
- To schedule on the app: Click the appointments icon, "Schedule an appointment,” and then “Schedule with a provider you’ve seen before.” Again, using the app is the easiest way to complete a visit and will give you the best connection.
- To schedule on the web: Click "Visits," then click "Request a Video Visit," and then click on "Virtual Care with your own AHN provider."
Please note: Your doctor’s name will only appear if you had a visit within the last two years. If you have trouble scheduling, call your doctor’s office to set up a virtual visit.
Helpful tips for your telehealth video visit.
Keep these things in mind when it’s time for your appointment:
- Complete the eCheck-in before your appointment. It’ll be available seven days before your visit. Tap the Appointments icon or Visits tab.
- When it’s time for your visit, go to a quiet location and log in to your MyChart account. Try to do this at least 15 minutes before your scheduled time.
- For the best connection, use the MyChart app on your phone or tablet. It’s compatible with Apple and Android devices. We also recommend connecting over Wi-Fi and closing all other apps. Don’t forget to double check that your camera and microphone are working.
Need to schedule a pediatric video visit? You can do that, too.
First, you’ll need proxy access to the child’s account. To do that, log in to your MyChart account, click the Profile Tab, then My Family Access, and follow the instructions based on the child’s age. Once you have access, log in to the child’s account to schedule the visit.
AHN is actively involved in helping the people it serves learn about and protect themselves from the spread of the Coronavirus (COVID-19). Learn where to go, what to do, and when.
Video Visits must take place in Pennsylvania, Maryland, New York, Ohio, or West Virginia. Certain terms and conditions, as well as additional terms and fees may apply. For Technical Support, please email the MyChart support team at MyChart@ahn.org or call (412) 330-5524, option 3, Monday-Friday 7:00 AM - 5:00 PM and Saturday 7:00 AM - 3:00 PM.