Our residency program only accepts candidates who are graduates of CAMPEP accredited medical physics graduate education programs to ensure that all graduate and undergraduate physics course requirements are met. An individual with a doctoral degree in physics or a related discipline must complete a certificate program of didactic coursework offered by a CAMPEP-accredited graduate program prior to applying for the residency. All required didactic components are described in the American Association of Physicists in Medicine TG Report #197 (Academic Program Recommendations for Graduate Degrees in Medical Physics).
- Allegheny Health Network is participating in the 2023 MedPhys MATCH Program. All applicants must be registered through the Medical Physics Matching Program. Once applicants are registered through MedPhys Match, applications must be submitted through the AAPM Medical Physics Residency Application Program (MP-RAP), including a CV and 3 reference letters.
- Applications must be received by January 13 for a start date of July 1 of the same year.
- For 2023, the interview format will go fully virtual due to the restrictions imposed by the coronavirus pandemic. This replaces the traditional on-site visit.
- Candidates selected for the video-chat-style interviews will be contacted following the application deadline. A detailed interview schedule will be sent.
- For more information or general inquiries, please contact the Medical Physics Residency Program at firstname.lastname@example.org.