Allegheny General Hospital
A Heritage Rooted in Service
It is a partnership that has helped shape the growth of an historic, nationally renowned hospital, benefiting thousands of patients in the process. When Allegheny General Hospital first opened its doors in 1885, the AGH Auxiliary – then called the Ladies’ Society – worked tirelessly to raise funds for supplies and equipment and even helped to admit AGH’s first patients.
More than a century later, the spirit of giving remains stronger than ever. The Auxiliary is still dedicated to raising funds to support what has now become one of the region’s premier academic healthcare centers. The Auxiliary continues to look for caring, energetic members who will keep the organization’s mission alive.