565 Coal Valley Road
Jefferson Hills, PA 15025412.469.5000
Jefferson Hospital is dedicated to serving you at our Jefferson Hills campus. We are proud that nearly every room in our 341-bed award-winning hospital is private, affording patients improved comfort in an atmosphere conducive to healing. At our hospital, nearly 400 physicians provide our patients with their expertise in more than 40 specialties. We also offer Spiritual Care as well as comprehensive Behavioral Health Services for our patients.
Our facility includes comprehensive inpatient and outpatient surgical services, as well as a Cardiovascular Institute, Cancer Institute, Orthopaedic Institute, Women and Infants Center, Women's Diagnostic Center, Sleep Disorders Center, Wound Care Center and Therapy Services.
A $17.5 million surgical suite construction project was recently completed and features a state-of-the-art, minimally-invasive, peripheral vascular suite and minimally-invasive suites for orthopedics and general surgery. With its cardiovascular suites, catheterization and electro-physiology labs already in place, Jefferson will be the most modern healthcare facility in the region.
Jefferson Hospital was the first hospital in Pennsylvania to be designated by the American Heart Association as a Mission: Lifeline Heart Attack Receiving Center. More than 5,000 open-heart procedures and more than 21,000 cardiac catheterizations have been performed at our Heart Institute. Since it opened less than 10 years ago, The Heart Institute at Jefferson Hospital has received top national and professional awards that underscore its success with complex cardiac surgical procedures.
You can be confident that Jefferson Hospital will be available if and when you need us. We will continue to work toward exceeding your expectations in everything we do.
Our commitment to being earth friendly:
- We are removing Styrofoam from our patient units and the cafeteria.
- We are rolling out plastic bottle, aluminum can, and office paper recycling.
- We are working with Infinite Electronics Recycling to recycle alkaline batteries.
- Our facilities department recycles scrap metal, light bulbs, and machine oils.
- Our IT team recycles all E-Waste (electronic waste), including toner cartridges.
- We have a disposable program for lead wires and SCF sleeves.
- The Environmental Services (EVS) team, Dietary, and the OR use ecofriendly scrubbers.
- Our dietary team recycles all of their kitchen grease and we are exploring different options to eliminate paper straws.
- We began an office furniture and supply recyclable program housed in our materials management location. And, hospital furniture that is replaced is donated to various places such as Brothers/Brother and Global Links.
Providing quality care for our patients
- Jefferson Hospital is rated the No. 1 hospital in Western PA⁺ for Medical Excellence in Major Cardiac Surgery
- Jefferson Hospital is rated the No. 1 hospital in Western PA⁺ for Patient Safety in Coronary Bypass Surgery
- Jefferson Hospital is rated among the Top 10% of hospitals in the Nation for Patient Safety in Major Cardiac Surgery and Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
*Source: 2019 CareChex® ‐‐ an information service of Quantros, Inc. October 2014 – September 2017
No. 1 in Market Claims are based on CareChex® 2019 Composite Quality Scores and Ratings™ for acute care hospitals serving the combined statistical area (CSA) of Pittsburgh-New Castle-Weirton