Minimally Invasive Neurosurgery
Surgery on the brain and spine requires expert precision. At Allegheny Health Network (AHN) Neuroscience Institute, our renowned neurosurgeons have extensive experience using innovative, minimally invasive techniques to treat a range of conditions affecting the brain and spine.
This less invasive approach to surgery provides a high level of effectiveness and comfort. It often provides better outcomes and symptom relief than more traditional surgical approaches, while letting you get back to your life sooner after surgery.
Minimally invasive neurosurgery expertise at Allegheny Health Network
AHN physicians are at the forefront of using advanced neurosurgeries that treat complex spine and brain conditions. In these minimally invasive procedures, neurosurgeons use specialized instruments to perform intricate surgeries, making only tiny incisions. Our highly trained neurosurgeons perform these minimally invasive procedures in AHN’s sophisticated operating suites.
AHN has one of the highest volumes of minimally invasive neurosurgery procedures in the country, giving our team a deep expertise that leads to exceptional outcomes for patients. Learn more about minimally invasive spine and back surgery and brain surgery.
Conditions we treat with minimally invasive neurosurgery
Our surgeons use advanced minimally invasive techniques to treat many spine and brain conditions, including:
- Brain aneurysms
- Degenerative spine conditions
- Metastatic brain disease
- Malignant and benign brain tumors
- Spine tumors
- Traumatic spine injuries
Benefits of minimally invasive neurosurgery at AHN
When patients come to AHN for minimally invasive neurosurgery, they benefit from:
- Our expertise: AHN’s neurosurgeons are among the most experienced in the country. With the aid of robotics and other precision technologies, our neurosurgeons can safely and effectively perform complex spine and brain surgeries.
- Personalized treatment plans: Physicians with different areas of expertise consult on your care to develop a treatment plan that’s specific to your needs.
- Advanced technology: Minimally invasive surgeries use precise equipment that lead to more effective treatment. When performing brain surgery, the specialized equipment allows our surgeons to remove the area of concern without harming healthy tissue. In spine surgery, advanced robotics technology locates the exact source and location of your pain, providing lasting pain relief.
- An easier recovery: After minimally invasive procedures, patients go home sooner than they would after a traditional surgery. Many patients experience less pain and discomfort from surgery, with minimal or no scarring.