Why Choose Us for Leukemia, Lymphoma, & Myeloma Treatment?
At the Cancer Institute, we have the specialization to find a targeted treatment plan that’s right for you. Our team uses the latest, most successful therapy and offers innovative approaches to care.
Leukemia, Lymphoma, and Myeloma: our approach to care
At the Cancer Institute, we take a rigorous and personalized approach to cancer care. You meet with a devoted team of hematology specialists, typically within three days of diagnosis. Your team quickly works to design a treatment plan tailored to your needs.
At the AHN Cancer Institute, you can expect:
- Patient-centered care: We meet with you and your family to discuss the details of your treatment plan so you feel confident and informed. You’ll see the same team of physicians throughout your care. Your doctors get to know you, your family, and your personal preferences. You also have access to our comprehensive, robust support services.
- Precise diagnosis: Our physicians use sophisticated laboratory technology to precisely diagnose the cancer, so we can ensure a personalized treatment plan.
- Sophisticated treatment: The Cancer Institute was among the first to perform stem cell transplants in the region. Our exclusive blood and marrow transplant program is approved by both the Alliance for Clinical Trials in Oncology (ACTION), ensuring access to groundbreaking clinical trials and by the National Marrow Donor Program (NMDP), providing the best chance of being quickly matched with a donor. Transplants happen on-site, so you stay in one place, with the same team of physicians.
- Referrals to clinical trials when appropriate: We participate in more than 50 clinical trials. If you meet the eligibility requirements, you may be able to participate in latest research studies to help develop new treatment options for patients.
- Comprehensive services, close to home: You don’t need to travel to multiple centers to receive care. From laboratory tests to chemotherapy or even stem cell transplants, you can find all the services you need in one place.
- Direct access after hours to specialized services: If you require admission to the hospital after hours, you can often bypass the emergency room and go directly to our special After Hours Oncology Clinic. This unique clinic limits your exposure to other patients during times when your immune system is compromised by treatment.
Leukemia, Lymphoma, and Myeloma: diagnosis and treatment
Confirming and understanding the cancer diagnosis is the most important step in deciding what course of action is best for you. Learn more about diagnosing leukemia, lymphoma, and myeloma.
At the Cancer Institute, our experienced team uses the latest tools and research to provide a comprehensive treatment plan. Get more information about treating leukemia, lymphoma, and myeloma.