All applications are handled through the Electronic Residency Application Service® (ERAS®). Our program offers PGY-I positions through the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP). The Psychiatry Residency Training Program will not accept any paper applications.
We offer 5 PGY1 positions each academic year; we do not offer positions pre-match.
We are not able to offer observerships or externships.
The following are answers to the most frequently asked questions from applicants
- Foreign medical school graduates:
- J-1 Visas only, no H-1 visas
- We have a number of Foreign Medical Graduates in our program and do accept applications from Foreign Medical Graduates
- We are looking for candidates with psychiatry experience in the U.S. (e.g. Externship, Observership or Research; minimum of four months).
- ECFMG certification is not required for the application process, but will be required should you match with the program.
- We accept either COMLEX or USMLE. There is no minimum score requirement, however, we highly prefer candidates who have passed on their first attempts.
- We prefer applicants who have graduated in the past five years.
- We review all applications submitted through Electronic Residency Application Service® (ERAS®).
We only review applicants submitted through Electronic Residency Application Service® (ERAS®).
Interviews are granted on an invitation basis only. Our interview season runs from mid October through the end of January.