Nephrology and Autoimmune Kidney Disease
When your immune system mistakenly targets your own kidney cells and tissues, it’s called autoimmune kidney disease. At the Allegheny Health Network (AHN) Autoimmunity Institute, you will receive outstanding care from physicians who specialize in complex autoimmune kidney concerns, such as glomerulonephritis.
Our institute approach makes it easy for you to see different specialists — and address more than one care concern — in just one visit.
Specialized care for glomerulonephritis and other kidney concerns
Glomerulonephritis is a condition marked by inflammation of the kidneys. An immune system response causes it. At our Autoimmunity Institute, we offer a glomerulonephritis clinic that provides highly specialized care not available elsewhere in the region.
Our board-certified nephrologists have many years of experience caring for people with glomerulonephritis and other types of autoimmune kidney disease. We provide diagnostic, follow-up, and therapeutic care to help you manage this complex condition long term. For your comfort and convenience, we also offer advanced immunosuppressant infusion therapies at our on-site infusion suite.
Because of the unique nature of our institute, we’re able to care for patients who have other autoimmune conditions that may affect the kidneys. If an autoimmune condition affects other areas of your body, you can often get care from other specialists on the same day.
A new approach to autoimmune kidney disease care
Caring for an autoimmune disease can be hard and confusing. We’re changing that. We’ve brought together 15 different kinds of autoimmune specialists so you get more complete care. When you choose our Autoimmunity Institute for autoimmune kidney care, you benefit from our:
- Skilled specialists, which include trained physicians with deep knowledge of allergy and asthma care as well as specialists who treat dozens of other autoimmune diseases
- Focus on research that leads to care innovations that allow us to better diagnose and treat people with autoimmune diseases
- Coordinated care that makes managing your medical records and medication lists easier than ever before
- Updated facility that is designed for your comfort and makes it easier for your specialists to discuss your care
- Convenience where we managing multiple autoimmune conditions in one place, often at one time
West Penn Hospital
4815 Liberty Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15224
Located in 250 Mellon Pavilion
Call (833) 242-8246 to learn more about AHN autoimmune services.