When you are happy with your smile, that happiness can spread to other parts of your life. If you are self-conscious about the appearance of your teeth, dentists at Allegheny Health Network (AHN) can help. We offer cosmetic dentistry services that include braces, veneers, crowns, teeth straightening, and teeth whitening.
What is cosmetic dentistry?
Cosmetic dentistry includes services that change the way your teeth look, including their:
- Color (brightness)
- Positioning within your mouth
Cosmetic dentistry involves some of the same services, including braces and veneers, we use to fix damaged or worn-out teeth. But when you receive cosmetic dentistry services, the primary goal is to improve the appearance of your teeth.
Cosmetic dentistry at AHN: Why choose us?
Many of our dentists specialize in cosmetic dentistry services. They receive ongoing training in the latest techniques, so you can count on them for good results. Our dentists can also help you avoid complications, such as sensitivity to hot and cold after treatment. Meet our dental medicine specialists.
Highlights of our program include:
- Personalized care: We listen carefully as you describe your concerns so we can recommend the services that are right for you. In some cases, you may benefit from multiple services, including braces for teeth straightening and veneers to brighten their appearance. Our focus on your needs helps you get the services that are best for you.
- Preview of your results: Before you start treatment, we may create a wax replica of your teeth to show how the final results will look. This “wax-up” helps you know what to expect and allows us to address any concerns you have. Wax-ups also help our dentists anticipate your needs, so you get excellent results in less time.
- Convenience: Fitting cosmetic dentistry services into your busy schedule is easier than you may think. Our dentists are available from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. every day of the week. We also offer the flexibility to get services before work or during your lunch break.
Our cosmetic dentistry services
Cosmetic dentistry services available at AHN include:
Our team includes experienced orthodontists who offer many teeth straightening options, including braces. We also close unnatural gaps between teeth. For teeth that are too close together (overcrowding), braces create more space between them. Find out more about our orthodontist services.
We offer many options, including:
- Metal braces: We attach metal brackets to each of your teeth and connect them with wires. During each visit, we make small adjustments to the wires to guide teeth into the right spot.
- Ceramic brackets: We use brackets made of a white material that blends with your natural tooth color.
- Clear Aligners: You wear a clear device that fits over your teeth. We replace the device every few weeks with one that is slightly different. The small changes to the device help guide your teeth to the right position.
We use crowns to restore a more natural appearance in teeth with chips, cracks, or discoloring. These custom devices fit over the top of your tooth.
Your options include:
- Porcelain crowns that look and feel like your natural teeth
- Gold alloy crowns that are made of a combination of gold and other materials that often last several decades
Teeth whitening helps brighten your smile with a chemical solution that we apply to the surface of your teeth. Teeth whitening may be right for you if you have food stains or discoloring that does not get better with regular teeth cleanings.
Our teeth whitening options include:
- Whitening strips: You apply thin, plastic-like strips of a whitening solution to the front surface of your teeth. The strips stay on for about 30 minutes and come off easily after treatment. One strip is for your top teeth and another for the bottom teeth. Whitening strips are a low-cost, easy-to-use option.
- Custom whitening trays: We use a mold of your teeth to create custom whitening “trays.” The trays fit over the entire surface of your top and bottom teeth. Before putting the trays in, you apply a whitening solution inside the tray. You wear the trays for about 30 minutes a day for one to two weeks.
Veneers are shells we permanently attach to the front surface of your teeth. You can have veneers on all of your front teeth or just the ones you don’t like. We use porcelain and other tooth-like substances for results that look and feel natural. And veneers often last 10 years or longer.
You may wish to have veneers if you have:
- Chipped teeth
- Teeth that are smaller than normal
- Stained teeth and would a like long-lasting whitening option
To get veneers, we remove a small amount of tooth structure on the front of your teeth. We then use a putty to make an imprint (impression) of your teeth. We send the impression to a dental lab to create the veneers.
Our dentist helps you choose the tooth shade that’s right for you:
- For chipped teeth, you may wish to select a color similar to your other teeth.
- For veneers covering the entire front of your mouth, we show you options for a brighter smile.
When the veneers are ready, you return to our office so we can attach them. Here’s what to expect:
- We clean your teeth.
- The dentist places the veneers on your teeth to make sure that they fit properly and you like the way they look.
- We then use dental cement to permanently attach the veneers.
Cosmetic dental services and your insurance
Dental insurance often does not cover cosmetic dental services. But don’t let this stop you from asking how we can help you.
We offer many affordable options, including services for just one or two teeth. We are happy to explain the estimated costs, so you know what to expect.
Call (412) 359-3685 or request an appointment to learn more about AHN dental medicine services.