Our multidisciplinary approach ensures you get the care you need now, quickly. Sometimes more than one surgeon will play a role in your treatment — and same-day appointments speed your way to relief. Because we care about your long-term success, we also make sure you have access to the education and resources you need to stay healthy and hernia-free.
People also choose us for hernia surgery because we offer:
- Hernia expertise: At our center, general surgeons work alongside specialists, such as plastic surgeons, colorectal surgeons, and bariatric surgeons. This setup guarantees that surgeons who specialize in your specific type of hernia care for you. This approach helps provide our patients with a high level of expertise and effective results.
- Latest treatments: Our surgeons are skilled in open and laparoscopic (tiny incisions) hernia surgery as well as advanced robotic techniques. Sometimes, physical therapy resolves symptoms without surgery. We will explain your options and guide you to the most effective treatment (and surgeon) for your condition.
- Support services: Reducing your risk factors before and after surgery are important. We direct patients to supportive services to help with weight loss, smoking cessation, improvement in diabetes, and other health issues.
- Convenience: A dedicated member of our team seamlessly coordinates every aspect of your hernia care. Our surgeons also provide comprehensive hernia care at several locations across western Pennsylvania, so you can be evaluated and treated near home.
- Patient-centered culture: At our center, you are an active member of your treatment team. We involve you in every part of the care process. That means you’ll help decide what type of procedure is right for you based on what’s most important to you: a hernia not coming back or a short recovery. We explain the pros and cons of different procedures and don’t move forward until you’re confident in your treatment plan.