Call 911 if you or someone else is experiencing a medical emergency.
When you need urgent medical care at a moment’s notice, Allegheny Health Network (AHN) is here for you. Our trauma surgeons work closely with a large team of specialists and health care professionals to provide exceptional care for the most serious injuries and illnesses.
Allegheny General Hospital was western Pennsylvania’s first level 1 trauma center and has the highest designation in trauma care. At Forbes Hospital, our level 2 trauma center, we consistently provide outstanding care for patients affected by life-changing injuries.
When you’re in need of urgent care for the most serious types of injuries, illnesses, or falls, we can help. Our network includes two hospitals that are specifically equipped and designed to care for your most pressing needs. Learn more about our Allegheny General Hospital Trauma Center and Forbes Level 2 Trauma Center.
Other highlights of our program include:
- Trauma expertise: Our care teams are made up of trauma surgeons who are board-certified in surgery and trauma critical care. These certifications involve extensive training in caring for patients affected by serious and life-threatening injuries.
- Care for every kind of emergency: Our trauma surgeons are skilled in treating serious traumatic injuries, such as gunshot wounds and car crashes. We also regularly care for people who have other urgent needs requiring immediate attention, such as appendicitis, gallbladder infections, and falls. This experience means patients receive a higher quality of care, faster.
- Team mindset: Many traumatic injuries affect more than one part of your body. Our trauma surgeons work side-by-side with emergency room physicians and other specialists to make sure we care for every part of you — from the moment you come through our doors. Physicians, nurses, and other support professionals work as a cohesive unit so patients have the best chance at surviving even the most serious injuries.
- Comprehensive follow-up care: When you go through a traumatic incident, such as a car crash, the road to recovery often begins at discharge. Our hospitals have dedicated clinics where you can meet with your care team to monitor your healing and track your progress. We also offer a broad range of physical therapy, addiction medicine, and other services to support you in reaching your best health.
- Commitment to our community’s health: Our process improvement program shows we are always looking for ways to improve the health of the people in our surrounding community. With the nonprofit initiative Stop the Bleed, we’ve trained thousands of people to care for others in a natural disaster or mass casualty event. We also educate local families about the risks of drunk driving and how to prevent falls in older adults.
Call (412) DOCTORS (412) 362-8677 or request an appointment to learn more about AHN trauma services.