24/7 Care Navigator
Guiding your journey ahead
That’s because you know that doctors are treating cancer more effectively than ever. Millions of people who have been diagnosed with cancer have not only survived, but they have also gone on to live very healthy, active lives.
To help in your battle against cancer, Allegheny Health Network Cancer Institute doctors develop a plan of action specifically for you and your needs. This plan includes many different factors that may seem like a lot for you to manage. But at this time – when you’re getting ready for the fight of your life – we’re not going to let you feel overwhelmed.
Our 24/7 Care Navigators will ensure that your load is lightened with every step you take on your journey forward. These highly trained navigators are efficient, effective professionals who help you to handle all of the details and connect you with any services you may need along the way. And they also support you and your family through the emotional toll that a cancer diagnosis can have on all of you.
Every cancer patient is assigned a 24/7 Care Navigator who can:
- Schedule your appointments and help you to coordinate your hospital and office visits
- Verify that your records are at the appropriate doctor’s office before your appointments
- Help you to understand your symptoms, treatments and results
- Inform you about research studies and clinical trials that may be available to you
- Assist with insurance and financial assistance
- Recommend transportation options for your appointments, overnight accommodations for your caregivers, child-care services for your children, and cleaning services for your home
- Provide you with directions to our hospitals and offices as well as inside the buildings
- Ensure you meet with palliative care and integrative medicine to help manage any pain you experience
- Connect you with a nutritionist, physician therapist or lymphedema treatment specialist
- Help with your mental-health needs by connecting you with a psychiatrist/psychologist, support groups and a hospital chaplain
- Direct you to a genetics counselor or social services representative
- Offer you family support services to help your caregivers with their own health and emotional wellness
- Talk with you about follow-up care details so you understand the process after you are discharged
Call a 24/7 Care Navigator any time of day or night.
Classes & Events