Why Choose Us for Thyroid Cancer Treatment?
If you receive a thyroid cancer diagnosis, you want skilled, dedicated experts treating you. At Allegheny Health Network Cancer Institute, we successfully treat more patients with thyroid cancer than any other facility in the region. This high level of experience gives us the expertise to find the right treatment solution for you.
Thyroid cancer: our approach to care
The Cancer Institute has one of the busiest thyroid centers in western Pennsylvania. We take pride in caring for our patients, supporting them throughout the process, and providing positive results. Our comprehensive service is:
- Patient-centered: You are our focus. We work with you and your family to ensure you are comfortable with the entire process and understand the next steps in your care. Our robust support services include support groups, electronic medical records, palliative care, and cancer genetics.
- Research-based: Our staff uses the latest research, findings, and technology to provide the most comprehensive treatment.
- Collaborative: Multiple specialists work together to review your case and make treatment recommendations. When many experts come together to combine their expertise, you get a more thorough and effective personalized treatment plan.
- Expert: Although thyroid cancer is very treatable, the surgery to cure it is quite intricate. Our thyroid cancer experts see many patients every year, so our surgeons have a lot of experience successfully performing the procedure.
- Convenient: You don’t have to travel far to get the comprehensive care you need. You can focus your energy on your health, not on traveling.
Thyroid cancer: diagnosis and treatment
Confirming and understanding your diagnosis is the most important first step in deciding what course of treatment is best for you. Learn more about thyroid cancer diagnosis.
At the Cancer Institute, we use the latest techniques and technology to provide a comprehensive treatment plan. Learn more about thyroid cancer treatment.
Your team includes many different specialists, all working together on your diagnosis and treatment:
- ENT (ear, nose, and throat specialist) surgeons
- General surgeons
- Physician assistants
- Nurse practitioners