Cardiovascular rehabilitation, or rehab, is a key part of your recovery following a heart procedure, surgery, or an event such as a heart attack.
Cardiologists at Allegheny Health Network (AHN) Cardiovascular Institute oversee your rehabilitation, preserving your heart health as you safely return to a more active lifestyle.
Cardiovascular rehab at Allegheny Health Network: why choose us?
We help you gradually build endurance and heart function through physical activity and strength training exercises. As a cardiovascular rehab patient, you can expect:
- Close supervision: We place you on an electrocardiogram (EKG) monitor and carefully watch your blood pressure and heart rate during each session to ensure your safe return to daily activities.
- Personalized attention: We consider your specific needs and limitations when developing a rehabilitation plan, custom-made just for you. Our team makes sure that you understand your diagnosis, treatment, personal risk factors, and rehab plan.
- Wellness education: We complement your fitness program with educational instruction about healthy eating, stress management, smoking cessation, and other wellness topics.
- Dedicated team: You work with an experienced team of cardiologists, clinical exercise physiologists, critical care nurses, registered dietitians, diabetes educators, and behavioral health specialists. We get to know you and make sure that you feel cared for and supported.
- Exceptional care: AHN is the highest-rated health system in western Pennsylvania for patient safety in overall medical care, overall surgical care, heart attack treatment, heart failure treatment, and pulmonary care, according to the 2018 CareChex® quality rating system.* Learn more about the Cardiovascular Institute.
*Number one in market claims are based on CareChex® 2018 Composite Quality Scores and Ratings™ for acute care hospitals serving the combined statistical area (CSA) of Pittsburgh-New Castle-Weirton. Source: 2018 CareChex, an information service of Quantros, Inc. January 2014 – June 2016.