Pancreas and Biliary Disease
The pancreas and biliary tract (the vessels that connect the pancreas, liver, and gallbladder) play a vital role in digestion and nutrition. When something goes wrong with one of these organs, it can cause painful or uncomfortable symptoms. At Allegheny Health Network (AHN) Division of Gastroenterology, Hepatology, and Nutrition, we understand the impact of these conditions may have on your life.
Our pancreas and biliary specialists are devoted to the management of the diseases of the pancreas and biliary including acute and chronic pancreatitis, gallstones, pancreatic tumors, and biliary. They use advanced testing, including less-invasive endoscopy procedures, to quickly pinpoint a diagnosis.
Our comprehensive care for pancreatic and biliary disease
You will be cared for by physicians who have dedicated their careers to diagnosing and treating pancreas and biliary conditions. People also choose us for pancreas and biliary care because of our:
- Team of experts: Our team includes board-certified physicians who have received extensive training to care for common and hard-to-treat problems affecting the pancreas and biliary tract. Their knowledge helps us provide you the best treatment plan for your circumstance.
- Multidisciplinary Pancreas Center: Our pancreas center has received a Center of Excellence designation from the National Pancreas Foundation. The American Gastroenterology Association have also recognized us for outstanding quality and great patient outcomes. Our pancreatic biliary specialist work with a team of pancreatic and biliary surgeons, oncologist, radiologist, and pathologist as one team to evaluate most patients with pancreatic diseases at Allegheny Health Network.
- Advanced testing and treatments: We use endoscopic ultrasound and the latest fluid analysis techniques to quickly provide the right diagnosis. We also offer promising therapies that treat pancreatic cancer and other complex conditions more effectively than ever before. Learn more about pancreatic cancer care at AHN.
- Clinical trials: Our physicians have a passion for improving medicine through research. We participate in clinical research studies that explore new ways to care for the conditions we treat. Our participation gives you the chance to join ongoing clinical trials that are investigating potential new treatment options.
- Convenience: At AHN, quality care is always close to home. Our health system provides comprehensive diagnostic and treatment services at nine hospitals and many physician offices throughout western Pennsylvania.
Pancreas and biliary diseases we treat
Our specialists diagnose and treat a wide range of pancreas and biliary diseases, including:
- Jaundice: Yellowing of your skin and the whites of your eyes when there is too much of a certain chemical (bilirubin) in your blood
- Pancreatic cancer: Malignant (cancerous) cells that develop inside your pancreas
- Pancreatic cysts: Balls of pancreas cells that may be benign (noncancerous), premalignant (precancerous), or malignant
- Pancreatitis: Inflammation of the pancreas that is either acute (sudden onset) or chronic (long term)
- Gallstones: Tiny rocks that form in your gallbladder, made up of cholesterol and bile particles that clump into a solid mass
Our team remains available to answer your questions anytime beyond your clinic visit. Call (412) DOCTORS (412) 362-8677 or request an appointment to learn more about AHN pancreas and biliary disease services.