Musculoskeletal OSCE - Hip And Shoulder
This 3-hour course enables internal medicine residents to become familiar with hip and shoulder exams and to practice on simulated patients. Upon completion of the course, residents will be expected to accurately perform both exam types as well as create differential diagnoses for common hip and shoulder complaints while using therapeutic communication techniques.
- Demonstrate the techniques of performing a hip exam
- Demonstrate the techniques of performing a shoulder exam
- Demonstrate therapeutic communication techniques when conducting clinical exams.
- Perform a comprehensive hip exam
- Perform a comprehensive shoulder exam
- Demonstrate the ability to perform clinical exam while communicating effectively with the patient ensuring understanding of information presented.
- Internal medicine residents