This course is designed to teach clinicians the skills and techniques of adequate phlebotomy. The curriculum content includes an extensive review of the blood collection system including the significance of the various laboratory tests, specific collection tubes and colors, as well as the proper procedure to preserve a collected sample.
- Demonstrate the correct phlebotomy procedure
- Describe methodologies for collection of blood samples using appropriate collection tubes
- Practice phlebotomy on adult mannequins
- Discuss the responsibilities of the practitioner during a phlebotomy procedure
At the end of this course, participants will:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the importance of proper technique when performing phlebotomy, comprehend the procedure of phlebotomy, and adequately perform the phlebotomy procedure on an adult mannequin.
- All health care providers