AHN Cardiovascular Institute at Wexford Health + Wellness Pavilion
You don’t have to go downtown for access to the most experienced cardiologists and innovative heart care technologies. At Wexford Health + Wellness Pavilion, we bring the experts to you with Allegheny Hospital Network’s Cardiovascular Institute.
Cardiovascular Institute at Wexford Health + Wellness Pavilion
People living in the northern Pittsburgh area choose Wexford Health + Wellness Pavilion for their comprehensive cardiovascular needs. We offer many benefits for people living with heart conditions in one location that’s close to home, including:
- A team of experts: Cardiac care requires expertise from health care providers in multiple specialties. You have access to cardiology experts at the top of their fields, including physicians, nurses, exercise physiologists, dietitians, and behavioral health specialists.
- Innovative technologies: Our team has experience in advanced diagnostic tools, such as our cardiac MRI, stress tests, and echocardiograms, and treatment options like leading-edge implantable devices. We use the latest technologies to deliver the best possible care for anyone age 18 or older with a heart condition.
- Cardiac rehabilitation: People living with heart failure, or those undergoing invasive treatments to correct problems caused by heart disease, meet with a team of rehabilitation experts. During your sessions, your cardiac rehab providers help you develop strength and stamina while closely monitoring your heart function.
- Specialized care for women: Women often experience heart problems differently from men. We’re experts at preventing and managing heart conditions in ways suited to a woman’s unique needs and anatomy. We connect you with other specialists, such as gynecologists and endocrinologists, to ensure that you receive comprehensive, whole-body care.
- Surgical expertise: Surgeons at Wexford Health + Wellness Pavilion use the latest surgical techniques to manage and correct problems caused by heart disease. When possible, we use minimally invasive surgery to repair damaged or diseased hearts.
- Access to research: As part of the Cardiovascular Institute, cardiologists at Wexford Health + Wellness Pavilion participate in more than 70 research projects to find better ways to detect, diagnose, treat, and prevent heart disease.
The heart care you need, now
Wexford Health + Wellness Pavilion offers advanced, comprehensive care for almost any cardiac condition, including:
- Atrial fibrillation (AFib): This heart rhythm disorder causes an irregular, rapid heartbeat.
- Coronary artery disease: The most common type of heart disease, coronary artery disease affects arteries that supply blood to the heart. Cholesterol and other substances, called plaque, build up inside arteries, causing them to harden and narrow.
- Heart failure: In this chronic, or long-term, condition, the heart does not pump blood efficiently to the rest of the body.
- Hypertension (high blood pressure): Over time, high blood pressure can damage your arteries and heart. It increases your risk for complications such as heart attack and stroke.
- Peripheral arterial disease: Arteries outside the heart can become narrowed because of plaque buildup, a condition known as atherosclerosis.
- Structural heart disease: Some defects or disorders, such as valve disease or holes in the heart, affect heart valves or other heart tissue. Structural heart disease can be congenital (present since birth) or acquired (develop later in life).
- Varicose veins: Enlarged, swollen, twisted veins can occur in the legs and feet. They usually result from weak or damaged valves in veins, which causes blood to back up in the veins.
Call (412) DOCTORS (412) 362-8677 to request an appointment with a specialist at Wexford Health + Wellness Pavilion.
Wexford Health + Wellness Pavilion
12311 Perry Highway
Wexford, PA 15090