The AHN Neuroscience Institute is a comprehensive center that diagnoses and treats all types of conditions affecting the brain, spine, and nervous system. We offer:
- Innovative back surgery: AGH neurosurgeons were the first in western Pennsylvania to use the Mazor X™ robotic system to perform highly precise spine surgeries. We’re also among a select few medical centers performing minimally invasive endoscopic neurosurgery to relieve neck and back pain.
- Minimally invasive spine surgery: AGH is one of a few facilities in the region using the innovative Medtronic OsteoCool™ system to treat cancer that has spread to the spine.
- Comprehensive stroke services: AGH was one of the nation’s first medical centers to be designated as a Comprehensive Stroke Center by the Joint Commission. This designation reflects our ability to provide the highest level of stroke care. Learn more about the AGH Comprehensive Stroke Center.
- Advanced procedures for brain tumors: We offer comprehensive evaluation and treatment for brain tumors. We’re one of the first facilities to use the Modus V™ robotic operating microscope. This device has a high-powered camera and light sources to magnify and illuminate the brain.
- Epilepsy diagnosis and treatment: The AGH Epilepsy Center is recognized as a Level 4 Surgical Comprehensive Epilepsy Center, the highest designation given by the National Association of Epilepsy Centers. We have a sophisticated epilepsy monitoring unit to diagnose even the most complex cases, and we offer the latest treatments.
- Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) center of excellence: AGH is home to the region’s only ALS Association Certified Treatment Center of Excellence. We were among the first in the country to offer Radicava®. This medication is only the second drug approved for the treatment of ALS since 1995.
- Deep brain stimulation: Our neurosurgeons are nationally recognized for their expertise using deep brain stimulation (DBS) to treat Parkinson’s disease, obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD), and obesity. We also offer advanced therapies for movement disorders, including multiple sclerosis and ALS.
- Highest-level trauma services: At our Level 1 Trauma Center, the AGH neurotrauma care team provides fast, specialized care for people who incur traumatic brain or spinal injuries from a car accident, shooting, or other traumatic event. Learn more about the AGH Trauma Center.
Call (412) DOCTORS (412) 362-8677 or request an appointment with a specialist at Allegheny General.
Allegheny General Hospital
320 East North Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15212