AHN Neuroscience Institute at Allegheny General Hospital
Allegheny General Hospital (AGH) is the central home of the Allegheny Health Network (AHN) Neuroscience Institute. Our highly skilled neurologists and neurosurgeons expertly use the latest therapies to save and improve lives.
Neurologic care at Allegheny General Hospital: Why choose us?
The AHN Neuroscience Institute is a comprehensive center that diagnoses and treats all types of conditions affecting the brain, spine, and nervous system. We offer:
- Innovative back surgery: AGH neurosurgeons were the first in western Pennsylvania to use the Mazor X™ robotic system to perform highly precise spine surgeries. We’re also among a select few medical centers performing minimally invasive endoscopic neurosurgery to relieve neck and back pain.
- Minimally invasive spine surgery: AGH is one of a few facilities in the region using the innovative Medtronic OsteoCool™ system to treat cancer that has spread to the spine.
- Comprehensive stroke services: AGH was one of the nation’s first medical centers to be designated as a Comprehensive Stroke Center by the Joint Commission. This designation reflects our ability to provide the highest level of stroke care. Learn more about the AGH Comprehensive Stroke Center.
- Advanced procedures for brain tumors: We offer comprehensive evaluation and treatment for brain tumors. We’re one of the first facilities to use the Modus V™ robotic operating microscope. This device has a high-powered camera and light sources to magnify and illuminate the brain.
- Epilepsy diagnosis and treatment: The AGH Epilepsy Center is recognized as a Level 4 Surgical Comprehensive Epilepsy Center, the highest designation given by the National Association of Epilepsy Centers. We have a sophisticated epilepsy monitoring unit to diagnose even the most complex cases, and we offer the latest treatments.
- Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) center of excellence: AGH is home to the region’s only ALS Association Certified Treatment Center of Excellence. We were among the first in the country to offer Radicava®. This medication is only the second drug approved for the treatment of ALS since 1995.
- Deep brain stimulation: Our neurosurgeons are nationally recognized for their expertise using deep brain stimulation (DBS) to treat Parkinson’s disease, obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD), and obesity. We also offer advanced therapies for movement disorders, including multiple sclerosis and ALS.
- Highest-level trauma services: At our Level 1 Trauma Center, the AGH neurotrauma care team provides fast, specialized care for people who incur traumatic brain or spinal injuries from a car accident, shooting, or other traumatic event. Learn more about the AGH Trauma Center.
Call (412) DOCTORS (412) 362-8677 or request an appointment with a specialist at Allegheny General.
Allegheny General Hospital
320 East North Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15212