As you age, you may experience a range of physical and emotional challenges. This stage of life requires specialized care from a compassionate team of experts.
At Allegheny Valley Hospital, older adults receive focused health care. We provide inpatient behavioral health services for the mental and behavioral health needs of senior citizens.
At Allegheny Valley, you or your loved one will find a wide range of diagnostic and treatment services from a geriatric medicine team.
Our geriatric health services provide:
- Focused care: Older adults require specialized care that considers their unique needs. Our team helps you improve your wellness and quality of life through a dedicated geriatric program that is not available at every hospital.
- Holistic approach: Our geriatric specialists look at the big picture — your lifestyle, symptoms, conditions you may have, and your overall health and well-being — to tailor your care. We help you feel well and remain independent and active.
- Collaborative care: We work with specialists throughout Allegheny Valley and AHN. Our team collaborates to ensure you get all the services you need, particularly when there are multiple diagnoses.
- Unique inpatient unit: Older adults who are dealing with behavioral health issues find 24/7 care in our inpatient department, where trained geriatric specialists care for your physical and mental health.
We provide assessments for older adults at any time of day or night. If you or your loved one is admitted to our unit, you’ll receive tailored treatment that meets your needs. In our 16-bed inpatient unit, you’ll find:
- Complete care: We work with patients, family members, and providers such as your primary care physician to ensure you get the comprehensive treatment you need.
- Follow-up care: When you leave our unit, we’ll arrange follow-up services to ensure you continue to receive uninterrupted care.
- Comfortable, safe environment: A team of geriatric specialists is available 24/7 to provide care in our secure unit.
- Management for a range of conditions: We plan treatment that addresses the needs of older adults who may be experiencing depression, social isolation, suicidal thoughts, difficulty with loss, or other behavioral disorders. These conditions may make it challenging for you or your loved one to live safely at home.
- Personalized treatment plan: We offer individual and group therapy, family education, medication management, and referrals to outpatient support.
Dedicated care team including:
- Primary care physician and hospitalist program physician (a specialist in treating people who require a hospital stay)
- Social workers
- Rehabilitation services, including occupational, physical, and respiratory therapists
Call (412) DOCTORS (412) 362-8677 or request an appointment with an Allegheny Valley Hospital specialist.
Allegheny Valley Hospital
1301 Carlisle Street
Natrona Heights, PA 15065