You’ll find specialized care for orthopaedic conditions:
- Conservative approach first: We begin with nonsurgical treatments, like physical therapy, when managing orthopaedic conditions. Learn more about physical therapy and rehabilitation services at Allegheny Valley.
- Expert surgical care: If you need orthopaedic surgery, our skilled surgeons perform a wide variety of procedures, including joint replacement procedures. We also provide surgery for the foot and ankle, spine, and hand and upper extremity. Learn more about surgery at Allegheny Valley.
- Minimally invasive approach: We use tiny incisions and small instruments to perform minimally invasive surgery whenever possible. This approach offers a shorter, more comfortable recovery for you.
- Comprehensive care: Our multidisciplinary team is part of the Allegheny Health Network Orthopaedic Institute. They provide the full spectrum of orthopaedic services including sports medicine and wound care.
Hip or knee conditions can make even small movements painful. If conservative treatments aren’t successful, you and your physician may determine that a joint replacement procedure will offer you the best long-term results.
Our surgeons specialize in joint replacement surgery. We work with you to tailor a surgical plan that meets your needs and helps you return to your active life with these innovative programs:
- Comprehensive Care for Joint Replacement Model: Allegheny Valley Hospital participates in this Medicare initiative, which aims to provide better, more efficient care and support for people undergoing hip and knee replacements.
- Joint Camp: If hip or knee surgery is in your future, we invite you to participate in our Joint Camp to get all the information you need before your procedure. Learn more about Joint Camp at Allegheny Valley.
Our nurse navigator will be there to guide you through orthopaedic surgery, including joint replacement procedures. We use the Diamond Care approach to improve your experience and personalize your care.
Diamond Care leads to better outcomes, an improved experience, and lower cost. Find out more about Diamond Care.
Your navigator will be with you from the day you decide to have surgery through your recovery and rehabilitation. Your navigator:
- Meets with you and your family before surgery to discuss what to expect before, during, and after the procedure and how to plan for your recovery
- Answers any questions you may have, so you are informed and feel confident about the surgery
- Follows you throughout your rehab and recovery
Call (412) DOCTORS (412) 362-8677 or request an appointment with an Allegheny Valley Hospital specialist.
Allegheny Valley Hospital
1301 Carlisle Street
Natrona Heights, PA 15065