Pituitary Neuroendocrine Care
The pituitary gland (a tiny organ that sits just below the brain) serves as your body’s hormone control center. When a pituitary tumor or another condition affects how this gland functions, you may experience changes in your energy levels, mood, eyesight, or other body processes.
At Allegheny Health Network (AHN) Pituitary Center, our team specializes in caring for people with complex pituitary gland disorders. We offer customized treatment plans to help balance your hormones so you feel better, faster. Our coordinated approach to treatment provides a smooth, prompt care experience.
Pituitary Neuroendocrine Care at Allegheny Health Network: Why Choose Us?
People with a pituitary tumor or a related condition choose AHN because of our:
- Expert team: Our network includes physicians from different specialties, all who have received training in complex and sometimes rare pituitary conditions.
- Collaborative approach: The pituitary gland affects many systems in the body, so people with neuroendocrine conditions often need care from multiple physicians. Our pituitary specialists — including neurosurgeons and endocrinologists — work together to streamline your diagnosis and treatment. You get prompt, comprehensive care.
- Customized treatment plans: After we pinpoint a diagnosis, we develop a thoughtful care plan that addresses your symptoms while considering your preferences. Your treatment plan could include medication, close monitoring, radiation therapy, surgery — or a combination of these treatments.
- Minimally invasive surgery options: Our team has expertise in performing complex brain surgeries using a minimally invasive endoscopic approach. Some of our physicians also specialize in — and pioneered — intricate skull base surgeries for certain pituitary conditions, leading to a shorter recovery. Learn more about the benefits of minimally invasive neurosurgery.
- Long-term follow-up: If you have a pituitary tumor, we may recommend you undergo regular imaging or other tests. These results help alert us if a tumor comes back or to other changes that may require an adjustment to your care plan. We stay in regular contact with our patients, to help you maintain your health over the long term.
- Focus on research: We participate in research efforts that study the treatment of pituitary conditions. These findings allow us to offer the most promising treatments for pituitary tumors and related conditions.
Your Pituitary Neuroendocrine Team
AHN’s pituitary neuroendocrine team includes physicians who have specialized training and years of experience treating patients with pituitary conditions. Your care team may include:
- Head and neck surgeons
- Radiation oncologists
Pituitary Conditions We Treat
Our team evaluates and manages patients with a wide range of pituitary and other endocrine disorders, including:
- Pituitary tumors
- Cushing’s syndrome
- Inflammatory conditions, such as lymphocytic hypophysitis and sarcoidosis
Get Expert Pituitary Neuroendocrine Treatment at Allegheny Health Network
We use the latest therapies to diagnose and treat patients, tailoring care plans to your symptoms and circumstances.
At AHN, our team includes fellowship-trained physicians with expertise in performing open skull base surgery and endoscopic endonasal surgery. Endoscopic surgery is a minimally invasive procedure that is highly effective and has a lower risk. Recovery is also quicker and easier than with traditional surgeries, with many patients experiencing fewer side effects and stress during the recovery period.
AHN Pituitary Center
Allegheny General Hospital
320 East North Ave.
South Tower, Suite 208
Pittsburgh, PA 15212