Sports medicine services from Allegheny Health Network (AHN) are for all active people. Whether you have a physically demanding job, play competitive sports, or live a busy lifestyle, we help you keep pace with the activities that matter most.
Allegheny Health Network Sports Medicine: Why Choose Us?
From getting sidelined to crossing the finish line, we’ve got you covered. Our physicians, athletic trainers, and physical therapists offer a broad range of services to help you achieve your goals.
Highlights of our program include:
- Elite sports medicine services: AHN is one of the few U.S. Olympic Regional Medical Centers, delivering trusted care to our country’s Olympic hopefuls. As the Official Medical Provider of the Pittsburgh Pirates and Pittsburgh Riverhounds, we provide the same high-caliber care to athletes from across western Pennsylvania.
- Coordinated care: AHN’s team includes nationally recognized doctors who work alongside certified physical therapists and licensed athletic trainers. We are in regular communication about your care, determining the ideal path toward lasting results. Meet our orthopaedic and sports medicine team.
Our Sports Medicine Services
At AHN, you receive injury care and sports medicine services in one program.
- Athletic trainer services: Our licensed athletic trainers help teams of all skill levels stay safe with injury prevention services. We also help injured athletes get the care they need right from the start. Learn more about athletic trainer services.
- Physical therapy: You receive care from physical therapists specializing in meeting the needs of athletes and active people. We also offer access to advanced technologies, such as a treadmill that helps you safely resume activity earlier in your recovery. Find out more about orthopaedic physical therapy.
- Primary care sports medicine: Our physicians successfully treat problems, including pain that comes and goes. We deliver nonsurgical treatments, including injections that may help you delay or avoid the need for surgery. Read more about primary care sports medicine.