West Penn Burn Center supports comprehensive continuity of care. The patient’s entire length of stay, from admission to discharge, takes place in the Burn Center. This continual attention under the specialized burn team decreases the risk of infection and maximizes care.
Our facility provides patients with the latest in technology and advanced treatment, including:
- Fourteen private, temperature-controlled, ventilated rooms
- Six specially equipped beds for the most critically injured
- Advanced treatment rooms
- Facilities to treat thermal, electrical or chemical injuries
- Services for inhalation injuries
- A children’s playroom within the Burn Center
- Facilities for outpatient burn care
- A large, comfortable family waiting room
Call (412) 578-5273 to speak to a specialist at the West Penn Burn Center inpatient unit. Call (412) 578-5120 for the outpatient clinic.