At Allegheny Health Network Cancer Institute, we are right beside you in the fight against brain cancer. We believe in a sophisticated, comprehensive approach to patient care. We keep you as comfortable as possible during treatment and help you live a full, active life throughout the process.
Our knowledgeable team works with you and your family to ensure you understand all of your options. We listen to your concerns and find the best solutions for your needs. We also offer robust support services, including support groups, palliative care, and cancer genetics.
Our highly experienced team of neuro-oncologists (brain cancer specialists) and neurosurgeons (brain surgeons) performs treatments that are only available at the very best hospitals in the country. At the Cancer Institute, you will find:
- Improved survival rates: We use aggressive treatments while making sure you are feeling as well as you can. Helping you live a longer, more comfortable life is our priority.
- Advanced technology: Sophisticated tools, such as ChemoID®* and genome analysis, allow us to understand how the tumor will respond to different treatments before we prescribe them. You will not waste time on treatments that will not be effective for you.
- Minimally invasive treatments: Many of our treatment options are outpatient procedures that involve a short recovery time. Instead of spending all of your time in a hospital, you can live your life and enjoy your family and friends.
- A collaborative approach: We discuss all of our patients in a weekly meeting with our brain cancer experts. You benefit from the combined experience of a team that includes neuro-oncologists, radiation oncologists, neurosurgeons, medical oncologists, and neuroradiologists. Because we are always up to date on your progress, we are able to give you the best possible care.
- Robust support: We invite all patients with brain cancer to join our weekly support group to share feelings, discuss symptoms, and help one another cope. It may help you feel better during treatment and experience an improved state of mind.
- A convenient, after hours cancer clinic: AHN opened the first after hours clinic in western Pennsylvania for patients with cancer. If you experience side effects from treatment, call your physician’s office first, then visit our After Hours Oncology Clinic, conveniently located at West Penn Hospital. We treat you quickly, without exposing your compromised immune system to the germs you may encounter at a traditional emergency room. Plus, our clinic is more affordable than a visit to the ER. And since our oncology specialists have access to your records, they may even be able to advise you over the phone and save you from making a trip. Learn more about our After Hours Oncology Clinic.
- Clinical trials: If you meet the eligibility requirements, you may be able to participate in an experimental clinical trial. You could gain access to a ground-breaking treatment before it is widely available. Learn more about our clinical trials program.
We specialize in diagnosing brain cancer, getting you a precise diagnosis quickly. Learn more about brain cancer diagnosis.
Next, our highly experienced neuro-oncology team works together to determine the best course of treatment for you. Learn more about brain cancer treatment.
Call the AHN Cancer Help Line anytime at (412) NURSE-4-U (412) 687-7348 to schedule a cancer-related appointment or to just talk with our nurses about diagnoses, treatments, and side effects.