Why Choose Us for Eye Cancer Treatment?
At Allegheny Healthy Network Cancer Institute, you have access to the most experienced oncologists and eye surgeons in the Pittsburgh area. They have dedicated their careers to studying, diagnosing, and treating eye cancer effectively. This focus gives our eye cancer team the expertise and skill to get you the treatment you need.
Eye cancer: our approach to care
At the Cancer Institute, we work together to determine the most appropriate treatment plan for you. You can expect to find:
- Integrated, collaborative care: All of our specialists communicate regularly about your care. And if you have a complex type of eye cancer, top experts meet to discuss your treatment. With this approach, we quickly identify the type and stage of eye cancer and begin your treatment as soon as possible.
- Specialized expertise: All of our surgeons have extensive training in ophthalmology (the study of eyes and vision). Many of them also have additional specialization related to treating eye cancer and reconstructing the eye area after treatment. Passionate, highly informed, and experienced physicians will be managing your treatment.
- Patient-focused care: Our experts present all of the options to you and work with you and your family to determine the best strategy for fighting the cancer. Our robust support services include support groups, palliative care, and cancer genetics. These services help you live the best quality of life while you receive treatment. Learn more about our support services.
- Quality treatment close to home: You get the comprehensive eye care you need close to home, so you can focus your energy on fighting the cancer, not on traveling.
- A convenient, after hours cancer clinic: AHN opened the first After Hours Oncology Clinic in western Pennsylvania for patients with cancer. If you experience side effects from treatment, call your physician’s office first, then visit our After Hours Oncology Clinic, conveniently located at West Penn Hospital. We treat you quickly, without exposing your compromised immune system to the germs you may encounter at a traditional emergency room. Plus, our clinic is more affordable than a visit to the ER. And since our oncology specialists have access to your records, they may even be able to advise you over the phone and save you from making a trip. Learn more about our After Hours Oncology Clinic.
Eye cancer: diagnosis and treatment
Our team uses advanced detection tools to determine the exact type of eye cancer and get you a precise diagnosis. Find out more about eye cancer diagnosis.
Multiple experts discuss and review each patient, so we can find the most comprehensive and effective plan for you. Learn more about eye cancer treatment.
Call (412) DOCTORS (412) 362-8677 or request an appointment to learn more about AHN cancer services.