The most common type of arrhythmia, atrial fibrillation (AFib), causes your heart’s upper chambers, or atria, to beat out of sync with the lower chambers, or ventricles. AFib can make you feel as if your heart is fluttering or skipping a beat. Depending on the severity, untreated AFib may increase your risk of heart failure, stroke, and other heart problems. We offer specialized arrhythmia care at the AHN Atrial Fibrillation Clinic.
AHN Cardiovascular Institute is home to some of the country’s top heart rhythm specialists. We offer you:
- Care for complex cases: We treat all types of heart rhythm problems, from the routine to the complicated. Doctors across the tri-state area regularly refer patients to us for treatment of complex rhythm problems that haven’t responded to other therapies.
- Sophisticated diagnostics: Our Electrophysiology (EP) Program features specialized diagnostic labs. These labs allow our specialists to test your heart’s electrical activity, and accurately diagnose and treat your condition.
- Advanced therapies: We’re one of a select few medical centers offering the WATCHMAN™ * device to lower stroke risk in people who have AFib and can’t take blood-thinning medications. Our doctors also perform advanced ablation procedures, including hybrid ablation, Cox-Maze procedure, and zero-fluoroscopy (radiation) ablations. Learn more about heart arrhythmia treatments.
- Dedicated team of experts: Our heart specialists work together to get your heart beating right so you can enjoy worry-free living. We streamline your care and help you avoid duplicate tests, saving you time, hassle, and money.
- Lifelong partnership: AFib is often a chronic condition. We offer support services that help you make lifestyle changes to improve heart health. We also provide ongoing care for people with implantable devices like pacemakers.
Call (412) DOCTORS (412) 362-8677 or request an appointment to learn more about AHN cardiovascular services.