Bariatric surgery aids weight loss in different ways. At Allegheny Health Network (AHN) Bariatric and Metabolic Institute, our board-certified bariatric surgeons perform the most effective types of weight loss surgeries available today.
We always use the least invasive approach that’s right for you, so you see more benefits with fewer risks. Our team will help you determine the best solutions for your circumstances, supporting you at every point in your journey to weight loss and better health.
Are you ready to lose weight and improve your life? At one of our free information sessions, you can meet our weight loss specialists and learn more about bariatric surgery options. Sign up online or find a session near you by calling (412) DOCTORS (412) 362-8677.
At our Bariatric and Metabolic Institute, you get access to experienced specialists in bariatric surgery, endocrine health, and obesity medicine – all in one place. Our institute approach helps us address every aspect of your health seamlessly. Learn more about our obesity treatments.When you choose AHN for weight loss surgery, you can expect:
- Expertise: West Penn Hospital is accredited by the Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Accreditation and Quality Improvement Program (MBSAQIP), a testament to our high quality of care. Our board-certified bariatric surgeons are trained in the most advanced weight loss procedures. This level of expertise allows us to perform surgeries in the least invasive way possible, which leads to fewer complications.
- Wide-ranging support: At AHN, you’re never alone in your weight loss journey. Our extensive support services ensure you have the tools you need to stay on track – before, during, and after surgery. We’ll connect you with financial counselors to explore your payment options before surgery. Support groups can help you form bonds with people facing similar challenges.
- Team mindset: Our team approach ensures you receive an outstanding level of care that’s personalized to your needs. A surgeon will walk you through the bariatric surgery options available, while a dietitian guides you in making healthy food choices. Our caring nurses can guide you to the resources, such as financial counselors or support groups, that can help you succeed. Meet our team of bariatric specialists.
- Convenience: We offer bariatric surgery services at multiple locations, so you get the same level of expertise close to home. Often, you can see more than one specialist in one visit. Read more about how to get weight loss surgery.
- Focus on your whole health: Your weight can affect your emotional and physical health in different ways. Our psychologists use cognitive behavioral therapies to identify and address emotional factors affecting your weight. If you have diabetes, our endocrinologists work closely with surgeons and other professionals to ensure the condition is well-managed throughout your care. Learn more about diabetes and excess weight.
Our bariatric specialists have extensive experience performing a range of weight loss procedures, including:
Weight loss surgery is an effective tool that helps many people transform their lives. There are many reasons to consider a surgical weight loss solution, including its:
- Short-term effectiveness: Weight loss surgery can help you lose weight faster than with dieting alone. This big jump-start helps many people stay motivated and continue onto further weight loss success.
- Long-term effectiveness: Most people who are severely obese (a body mass index, or BMI, of 40 or more) don’t see weight loss success with dieting alone. For these people, surgery offers the best chance at long-term weight loss.
- Overall safety: We work closely with you to assess your individual health and reduce any potential risks of surgery. Our surgeons use minimally invasive techniques to further minimize your risk for complications.
- Insurance coverage: Many medical insurance plans partly or completely cover bariatric surgery. Our team can help you determine the financial cost of weight loss surgery with your circumstances and specific plan.
Request an appointment with one of our specialists. You can also find out more about our bariatric surgery services by calling (412) DOCTORS (412) 362-8677.