Allegheny Health Network offers a number of lactation resources for new moms:
- Personalized visits in hospital for all nursing moms
- Prenatal education classes
- Outpatient consults
- Breastfeeding phone line. (Warmline, with messages returned within 24 hours)
- Retail lactation center - hospital-grade pump rentals (certified bra fitters for nursing and pumping bras) and breastfeeding supplies
- Weekly support group, The Nursing Café
The Nursing Café is a free, weekly support group led by a board-certified lactation consultant (IBCLC) who is also a registered nurse.
This informal gathering provides an opportunity for nursing moms and their babies to learn more about breastfeeding and parenting issues. Weekly meetings include question and answer sessions, pre/post feeding weights, educational topics, and the opportunity to network with other new parents.
Please call 412.578.7030 for dates, times, and location.